After the first Porsche sports car, the so-called Porsche No. 1, was individually licensed for road traffic as early as the 8th of June 1948, in March 1949, Porsche presented its first production sports car at the Geneva Salon de l‘Auto, the legendary Porsche 356. Using classical tuning techniques, such as modified cylinder heads and twin carburettors, on the 4-cylinder boxer engine taken over from the VW Beetle, the engine power of the first Porsche 356 could be increased to a respectable 40 hp. Between 1949 and 1950, a total of 44 coupé and 8 convertible versions of the so-called „Gmünd Porsche 356“ were entirely hand-built. In 1950, Porsche moved back to its main factory in Stuttgart-Zuffenhausen in which, by the end of production of the type 365 in April 1965, slightly over 76,000 of this sports car icon were produced.
Warning! Collector model not suitable for children under the age of 14 years, contains small parts. Keep this address in case of need.
- Scale: 1:43